When things go wrong
There is a convenience view to visualize the registry, login as staff, and open
the autocomplete url, for example: /autocomplete_light/.
- jquery is loaded,
- autocomplete_light/static.html is included once, it should load
autocomplete.js, widget.js and style.css,
- your form uses autocomplete_light widgets,
- your channels are properly defined see /autocomplete/ if you included
autocomplete_light.urls with prefix /autocomplete/.
If you don’t know how to debug, you should learn to use:
- Open the script tab, select a script, click on the left of the code to
place a breakpoint
- Ipdb python debugger
- Install ipdb with pip, and place in your python code: import ipdb; ipdb.set_trace()
If you are able to do that, then you are a professional, enjoy autocomplete_light !!!
If you need help, open an issue on the github issues page.
But make sure you’ve read how to report bugs effectively
and how to ask smart questions.
Also, don’t hesitate to do pull requests !